Friday, March 8, 2013

Gyeongbok Palace

The last few posts have focused on certain aspects of living as a foreigner in Korea, but I want to focus this post on the different areas I have had the opportunity to visit in the past 10 days that I have been here. I honestly don't think I would have been to these many places if it hadn't been for my program. My sister Kai and I did however visit Hongdae on our own thanks to the help of our friend S who happens to be Korean !

Gyeongbok Palace






Gyeongbok Palace was such a beautiful place and it was huge! This is where I learned about 'ondol' or the floor heating system. The guards at the entrance were so serious and many people took pictures with them. They barely even blinked it was seriously an amazing place to visit. We also learned that the Gyeongbok Palace is  the largest and main palace out of the five palaces built by the Joseon Dynasty. It's one thing to learn about this through books, but to see it is something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment